February 25 2023 - 7:30am - 1:30pm
Saint Patrick Basilica Scavi
Theme: Founders and Heroes of the Legion of Mary
|7:30 - 8:00:||Mass in the Basilica (optional). Confessions available 15 minutes before Mass.|
|8:00 - 8:15:||Welcome, Coffee and Pot Luck Finger Foods in the Scavi (basement)|
|8:15 - 9:15:||Rosary, Catena|
|9:15 -10:15:||Servant of God Frank Duff (MOOR/MoM/O.L. Blessed Sacrament, Immac Concep. /O.L. Mediatrix of All Graces)|
|10:30-11:30 :||Venerable Edel Quinn (O.L. Victory/O.L. Queen of Peace/O.L. Light/O.L. Fatima)|
|11:30-12:30:||Servant of God Alfie Lamb (O.L. Seat of Wisdom, O.L. Guadalupe, Notre Dame de Lourdes/O.L. LaVang)|
- Each founder to have one hour of presentations and discussions.
- Praesidia can work together or prepare their own presentations no longer than 10 minutes each.
- Time for discussion and questions and answers for each founder to take place within the hour.
- Check your libraries or Internet for research materials (Legion Concilium site, Legion USA, Maria Legionis magazines).
- Describe their background, their early and later life, their challenges and successes, their death, how they grew the Legion, what can we learn from them.
- Study and learn our rich history!
Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 12:30pm-3:00pm
St. Patrick Fellowfield
15 Steeple Hill Crescent, Nepean, ON
|-||Opening prayers and Rosary|
|-||Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament|
|-||Adoration in silence|
"I am all yours, my Queen, my Mother, and all that I have is yours"
COLLECTIVE Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary
|-||Benediction (Tantum Ergo)|
|-||Clean up and departure.|
WHAT IS THE ACIES? The Acies is the most important Legion function of the year. As Legion of Mary members, during this ceremony we will consecrate ourselves to Mary by renewing our Legionary Promise, so that we may better work in union with her as we do our Legionary battle against the evils of this world. In this consecration we open our hearts to Mary, so that she may guide us and bless us through the year. It is said that one cannot be truly devoted to our Lady's legion if one does not attend this ceremony, as you will not have within you her spirit.